Scope Immigration Services

spouse open work permit

Open Work Permit for spouses of TFWs

IRCC announced a new 2-year temporary program for Temporary Foreign Workers to bring their spouses to Canada on Open Work Permits. Spouse of foreign workers from any skill level will be able to apply for an Open Work Permit starting January 2023.

Before this temporary program, temporary foreign workers must have a skilled job (NOC O, A, or B) to meet the OWP requirement for their spouse. This program will remain in effect for two years. For more information, contact our immigration consultant in Calgary at +1-403-763-3196 or

Share this post

Open chat
How can we help you?