Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced a new pathway to obtain permanent resident status for international graduates who have completed a study program from Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) in Canada. A total of 40,000 applications will be accepted under this program. IRCC will start accepting applications on May 6, 2021, and end on November 5, 2021, or until 40,000 applications have been received. To be eligible under this program, they must meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed a post-secondary diploma/certificate/degree from DLI
- Education credentials must be one of the following:
- A degree program must be at least 8 months in duration
- Diploma/Certificate must be at least 16 months in duration or two programs must be equivalent to 16 months in duration.
- Diploma/certificate leading to a skilled trade can be 8 months in length.
- Must be employed on a valid work permit at the time of application submission.
- Score CLB 5 in English or French
- Live in Canada on a valid status at the time of application submission and approval.
- Must not intend to live in the province of Quebec.
This program may reach the maximum intake cap very soon since thousands of workers may be eligible under this program. Our immigration consultant in Calgary, AB can assist you to apply under this program. Contact us for further details.