Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada announced a new pathway to obtain permanent resident status in Canada on April 12, 2021. IRCC has been only issuing invitations through Express Entry to applicants who are already in Canada for the last 4 months. The main reason for this is the challenges to bring new permanent residents to Canada during this pandemic.
IRCC has announced a new program to meet the target of 401,000 admissions for the 2021 immigration plan. This new program will be limited to temporary foreign workers who are already in Canada and have at least one year of experience in certain essential occupations. Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible under this program:
- Applicant must be authorized to work in Canada and be employed in Canada at the time of the applicant submitted to IRCC.
- Must have 1-year work experience in eligible essential or health-related occupations.
- Must score at least CLB 4 in English or French.
- Must be living in Canada with a valid temporary resident status during the application submission and approval.
- Must not be inadmissible to Canada.
Immigration Canada will start accepting applications on May 6, 2021, and the program will end on November 5, 2021. IRCC will receive only 50,000 applications (Stream A – 20,000, Stream B – 30,000) under this program.
This program may reach the maximum intake cap very soon since thousands of workers may be eligible under this program. Our immigration consultant in Calgary, AB can assist you to apply under this program. Contact us for further details.